A copy of the school’s Admission Policy can be obtained from the school office or website, at the bottom of this page.
Any parent wishing to send their child to this school may ring to make an appointment with the headteacher.
Induction for Children From St Johns Infant School
- We strive to ensure that we give children the best possible start when they join us At St John’s RC Junior School and to make the families feel welcome and well informed about our school.
- The teachers from both St John’s RC Junior School and St John’s RC Infant school liaise closely about each pupil’s needs, assessments and next steps in their learning to ensure a smooth transition to the Junior School.
- Staff and pupils from both schools engage in a joint transition project in the Summer Term.
- Year 2 parents and pupils are encouraged to visit the school on an Open day and and are invited to an Induction evening in the Summer term, where they can meet the staff and share information in an informal setting.
- Following on from this, the children are invited to visit the Junior School for short visits and stay for lunch. This ensures we meet individual needs and can help to settle children into our school quickly and happily.
- Both schools work hard to ensure both parents are pupils happy, fully informed and there is a smooth transfer to the Junior School.