Welcome to Class 6SD
Our teacher is Mrs Dutton
Announced through Autumn 1/2 terms:
School Council Lead: Isabella Stocker
Eco-Councillor: Freya Bryson and Teagan Doyle
Reading Council Leads: Finlay, Phoebe, Mollie-Mae and Jack
Some important notes:
- Maths and English homework goes out on a Thursday and should be returned every Tuesday.
- Spellings vary. Mrs Dutton will advise children when spellings will go out and when they will be tested in class. It will usually be Monday-Monday.
- Please remember to be reading with your child EVERY night. Reading records are to come in Mondays and Tuesdays, and your signing and comments are read and acknowledged every week. It is important to hear your child reading aloud, and to read to your child, to encourage fluency, speed and understanding. Silent reading is fine, so long as children are heard also.
- Homework, as always, will be linked to class topics and subjects covered. If children are unsure of what they are to do, they must ask a member of staff BEFORE the day it is due in and we will work with your child to rectify this.
- Please try to read at home every night, even for just 10 minutes. It really does make a massive difference to your progression in reading and other subjects! Mrs Dutton asks that Reading Records return to her on a Monday and a Tuesday, signed by parents, so that she can monitor children's home-reading progress.
- Don't forget our fantastic resources for reading, including; First News and BugClub. We also have CodeStudio which the children use in class. Follow the links below!
Our our Autumn 1 topic in 6SD is: World War 2
Our book this term is: Carrie's War
Our trip this term was: An evacuee trip to Greenfield Valley Farm in Wales and a visit from our local parishioner, Ken, to talk all about his time as an evacuee.
Our our Autumn 2 topic in 6SD is: The Mayans
Our book this term is: Where did the Maya go?