Welcome to Class 5SD
Our teacher is Mrs Dutton
Announced through Autumn 1/2 terms:
School Council Lead: TBC
Eco-Councillor: Grace Brooker
Reading Council Lead: Caiden Owen
Some important notes:
- Maths and English homework goes out on a Thursday and should be returned every Tuesday.
- Spellings will go home and be tested every Friday unless instructed otherwise.
- Homework, as always, will be linked to class topics and subjects covered. If children are unsure of what they are to do, they must ask a member of staff BEFORE the day it is due in and we will work with your child to rectify this. Especially by Year 5, it is important for the children to have these responsibilities and to look after their own school stuff!
- Please try to read at home every night, even for just 10 minutes. It really does make a massive difference to your progression in reading and other subjects! Mrs Dutton asks that Reading Records return to her on a Monday and a Tuesday, signed by parents, so that she can monitor children's home-reading progress.
- Don't forget our fantastic resources for reading, including; First News and BugClub. We also have CodeStudio which the children use in class. Follow the links below!
Our our Autumn 1 topic in 6SD is: The Victorians
Our book this term is: Street Child
Our Science Topic: Materials
Our trip this term was: A trip to Quarry Bank Mill where the children could experience life as Victorians - especially as apprentices in the mills!